Taste the Rainbow.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Not at all worrying. :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/38730941/some-us-farmers-are-feeding-cows-skittles

"Officials believe a lorry load of Skittles found spilt on a road in America were intended as "cattle feed".
Hundreds of thousands of the sweets were discovered on a motorway in Wisconsin after falling out of a truck.
Mars, the company which makes Skittles, says it does not know why this batch was potentially going to be used as livestock feed and is investigating.
It is reported some farmers give their livestock the sweets because it is cheaper than corn."

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I just find it kind of shocking to hear what some people think is ok to feed animals. I mean why not just inject pure sugar via an I/V drip.

:(

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
I've just read this article, they saying they're ok to be used as cattle feed :confused:

Although Skittles are packed with high fructose corn syrup, as so many foods are, they are nonetheless cheaper than the real thing and surprisingly more nutritious, at least according to some experts. Joseph Watson, owner of United Livestock Commodities, said that sweets like Skittles have “a higher ratio of fat [than] actually feeding them straight corn.” Skittles also may be a greener feed product than corn, simply because they would have otherwise ended up in a landfill. Instead, these candies, edible but not nearly up to the mass production standards of a multinational corporation, are converted into animal mass, meat and fat.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE