tannng rabbit pelts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
yes i know i should do it my self but i dont want too.

does anyone have any knowledge of using a tannery to treat rabbit pelts with the fur on, what i am looking for is a rough idea of cost per pelt or minimum order and the time taken, do they except postal skins or is it self delivery, minimum quantities, conditions of exceptence ext

basicly any ideas tips will be usefull, i am looking into backyard rabbits and wanted to cover every single base before getting into it, the cull would be around 8-12 rabbits per month, i can store frozen and fresh but does that do any harm to the tanning process ?

as a side line what is needed to set up a home tannery apart from oak bark and brains or some else i dont realy want to have barrels of toxic heavy metals and other nasty stuff so a more natural meathod would be the route

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Toddy gave a bit of info somewhere about doing rabbit skins in a washing machine with nowt but fabric conditioner - drop her a PM, I am sure she will be able to help you with info :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE