SWMBO doesn't understand my need to tell someone!

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
on ebay last week, i won a Terra Nova 2-man Quasar 4 season expedition tent, price new £319-400
listed as '2 man yellow and grey tent'
got it in the post today - perfect condition, all the spares etc
i paid..................................................................................
£59
can't even find a smiley to express my pleasure

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
it was a classic case of a badly listed item, plus the seller had -1 feedback, so it was a bit of a gamble, but one that definitely paid off! i would never have been able to afford a tent of this quality otherwise. without a doubt my ebay buy of all-time.
SWMBO is still stomping round muttering '£60 - it's only a tent, what about the gas bill?... yada, yada, yada......'

Gravo

Apr 5, 2006
Oslo, Norway
Nice work :)

Similarly, I managed to get a pair of brand new Meindl boots for under £20 because the seller misspelt Meindl and thus ebayers searching for Meindl weren't directed to his item. I was the only one who bid.

Shows there still are bargains to be had on ebay, just as long as the seller is a bit dim :)

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
There is a special search engine you can apply to ebay that looks for misspelled items. Can't think what its called though. I used to look for misspelled items and end up with some right bargains. One man's mistake is another man's gain. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE