Swedish Army Trangia Question

Pablo

Settler
Oct 10, 2005
Essex, UK
www.woodlife.co.uk
Just got my Swedish Army Trangia :)

One question that I can't seem to figure out. When it's in stored position, is there any way of securing the wind shield to the rest of the unit? At the moment, when I lift the handle, the wind shield falls off. Is this normal, or am I more stupid than I thought and I'm doing something wrong.

Cheers

Pablo

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Yep, panhandle goes inside windshield and friction keeps it in, then tuck the hook into the handle and it keeps the bail arm down too. That is what the second bend is for on the bail arm, to keep it flatter. It will make sense when you try it.

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
Goose said:
Yep, panhandle goes inside windshield and friction keeps it in, then tuck the hook into the handle and it keeps the bail arm down too. That is what the second bend is for on the bail arm, to keep it flatter. It will make sense when you try it.

Goose, a photo would be good ;)

Steve

Pablo

Settler
Oct 10, 2005
Essex, UK
www.woodlife.co.uk
Hi Folks,

Thanks for the answers and the photo. This makes it really clear.

I also notice from the photos I've seen that the pan and billy are a green colour. Mine is just plain. Does this mean I have a different Army Trangia?

Pablo

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
The one in the picture is a stainless steel type, they are usually painted and the aluminium ones are usually bare metal. I think it is to do with when they were made, I beleive the Stainless steel version dates back to WW2 or thereabouts and the aluminium are relatively new, maybe it was job creation in the 60s? :lmao:
The handle is slightly different on the aluminium one too, it is rounder without the bend, not obvious from the photo though.

I am turning into a trangia geek! :eek: What has BCUK done to me, I knew sod all about trangias till I found this site! ;)

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
The stainless version was made in the 1940´s and in 1944 they realised that alumium was cheaper and better. The reason why some are painted and som are not is that htey have been stored away and has not just been painted yet. All mess kits that are issued are always painted.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE