Swap: Compound bow sight for quiver, release aid or arrows

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I have an Optix G5 pin sight for a compound bow. This nearly brand new as I fitted it but did not get on with it, so have gone back to my target site instead. This cost £150 when I bought it. It came with 5 pins on it but the guys at Quicks accidentally broke one when they were trying to adjust it to get it working on my compound bow, so there are only 4pins on it now; you can buy new pins pretty cheaply if you look around. The pins have fibre optic leads on them, which light up when you go in sunlight. It has a light greenish real tree pattern on it, but is not a bold camo pattern, so is not something that you notice. It has full adjustment up & down with graduation markings. Each axis has a fine and a course adjustment on it. It comes with 2 attachment screws that can fit to your bow using a choice of 2 pairs of mounting holes. It comes with the instruction booklet & 2 Allen keys. I figure this is worth around £80ish second hand.

I would like to trade it for one or some of the following:

- a decent leather quiver, preferably a back one but a nice belt one would be OK. A back one with a chest strap would be ideal. Brown or black preferred but try me on other colours.
- a good quality wrist mounted release aid (but on the string release type) that is fired with you index finger. I have a standard thumb release aid but want a more hunting style one. Something like a high end carter, true ball, Jim fletcher etc..
- some carbon arrows splined for around 45 pounds. My bow does 42lb but I am toying with taking it up 5 pounds to match the power of my new AFB.

I would be be up for making up any difference in cash, either way, if a realistic price can be reached on the items in question.

i most other things busy wise but would be up for a nice swanni, a quality carving axe etc.. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
Hi Neumo
I don't have a compound bow, but I do have a very nice and a almost as good as new Selway Trad 6 arrow hip quiver I'm wanting to trade u may like, sorry but I don't know how to post an image from my phone but if you search my old posts under "Archery bits n bods to trade " you can see a pic of it there, if you are interested PM me.
L8er bude.

Last edited:

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I have had a thought but is not really the sort of thing I am after, to be honest, but thanks for the offer.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE