Svord peasant mini rehandle mark II

Hammock Hamster

Feb 17, 2012
Kent
Hi all,

After a not quite so successful first attempt I learnt a few lessons and thought I'd have another go.
I also took photos if each stage in case anyone wants a mini tutorial, hope you like it and as always criticism welcome!

Marking out

IMG_1047.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

Trimming to size

IMG_1054.jpg

Roughly shaped with dremel sanding drum

IMG_1057.jpg

Holes made with dremel and them countersunk with a carpenters brace (still not got my drill back yet!)

IMG_1068.jpg

Internal pin and spacer added and given a final sanding through the grades

IMG_1070.jpg

All finished and put back together after a a soaking in tung oil over night

IMG_1071.jpg

IMG_1072.jpg

If i remember rightly the wood if thuya burl, i ordered a bunch of scale blanks from evil bay and ended up getting them all mixed up! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited:

Hammock Hamster

Feb 17, 2012
Kent
Lol, I am planning on making a few more so I can change them around now and then, I can't quite bring myself to pay for being a maker (and I don't think I'm good enough to sell them) but one or two may find themselves onto the trade thread!

Hammock Hamster

Feb 17, 2012
Kent
Ok so swmbo had some sort of omnibus of cr*p recorded and decided to watch it so i though i would try a new set of clothes for my full size svord too.

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1074.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

and all 3 together!

IMG_1076.jpg

hope you like them!

Hamster

Leiflet

Nomad
Jun 5, 2013
Devon
Very sexy look. Should have a mini arriving any time now. Have to think about what I'm going to do with it,now.

Cheers,
Leif

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Quick question from an uneducated one in the world of svord but doesn't that rounded end of the tang dig in to your hand or am I missing something? Also when you relax your grip to change grip does the blade 'drop'???

Hammock Hamster

Feb 17, 2012
Kent
Quick question from an uneducated one in the world of svord but doesn't that rounded end of the tang dig in to your hand or am I missing something? Also when you relax your grip to change grip does the blade 'drop'???

Believe it or not you don't notice it when using the knife and it's quite easy to lock the blade in place.

The blade does go slack when you release but you can tighten the screws to give it some resistance so it doesn't actually drop, well worth it for the price and a lot better imo than most penknives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE