supplies: antler,flint and hide wanted ?

primitive man

Jun 18, 2008
west midlands
deer all im looking for some antler flint and deer hide for crafts and im willing to trade or pay for them please say if you can help. many thanks Alex

Joe

Need to contact Admin...
Hi Alex,

For the antler and deer hide, find a game supplier close to you (not the butchers but the people they get their wild game from). The hide and antlers (still attached to the heads) normally end up as waste so you could offer to pay a small amount of cash to them so that they remember to put hides and heads to one side for you and take a bit more care when skinning.

That's how I get all my raw materials for hideworking etc.

May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
Hi Alex
you can pick antler up on ebay,as for a hide i'll keep you in mind for the next one i get,all it will cost you is the postage,red deer though are in velvet at the moment so you wont get any from a game dealer,

Joe

Need to contact Admin...
Hi Alex,

I'm not sure about the midlands - the dealers I use is in Wiltshire near to the land I use to run courses. Shouldn't be too difficult to find though with tinternet. I use large Fallow hides mostly and have made moccasins, pouches etc from them. Don't go for Sika though as apparently the hide clings on harder to the carcass meaning more work de-fleshing.

h2o

Settler
Oct 1, 2007
ribble valley
i wouldnt go paying huge sums of money to dealers,just hang around here(BCUK)and im sure someone will get you one sooner or later.Ill see what i can get for you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE