Stupid Zebra billy re-handling question

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Well more of an opinion/question thing really - I’ve eventually got around to making a hobo set up – 12 cm Zebra and an ASDA cutlery drainer.

I’m not sure whether to take off the Zebra handle or not – it strikes me it makes it much easier to pour and does it really take up that much room – your opinions would be valued.

As for the stupid question, if the consensus is to take the handle off I seem to remember reading the cable is bicycle brake cable, where do you get the crimp fasteners from? Sorry, I’ve broken the search tool trying to find the answer but I can’t find it!

Anyone got any close up pictures of the crimp and the wire through the bracket?

Cheers,

Andy

listenclear

Nomad
Aug 19, 2008
East lothian
Hi Andy,
I asked the same question very recently and although i don't have pics I can say it's a great idea to take the bail off. It's saves on room and weight. Go to your local bits and bobs store and ask for electrical connector blocks (i paid about 75p for a block of 12 or something like that) then take the plastic off and it will be fairly obvious what to do from there. I am no good at these kinds of things and i managed it no probs.
Good luck

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Oh, I've got some of them! They looked like some sort of crimp thing from pictures I've seen - thanks for the info.

Andy

treefrog

Aug 4, 2008
South Yorkshire
You can also use a pop rivet sleeve. Take out the pin and cut the flange off the head and you're left with a malleable tube in which you insert the cable and crimp up tight. Useful on the 12" as it's not too heavy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE