Stuart Truelove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi all,I have a knife that I purchased some years ago at a sport show,and I have not been able to track down any information on the maker.It has a 4" drop point blade 8 1/4" overall ,carbon steel with a full tang and stag slabs.It has a very nice taper from the butt of the handle to the tip,and a heavy brass hilt.On the riccaso area it is stamped Truelove Hand Forged,in the center of the blade it is engraved w/a stag head flanked with some simple scroll work and Sheffield England,also banners above and below,in the top banner it says Stuart Truelove.also there is a small area of file work on the spine.Any info would be greatly appreciated.If I can figure out how to post a picture I will.
Thanks
Jamie Briggs

Thanks Larry,Heres a pic ,I wasn't able to get a shot of the engraving on the blade,even though it has some pitting it still has a great mirror finish.
images.php

RuthH

Nov 23, 2022
York
Hi all,I have a knife that I purchased some years ago at a sport show,and I have not been able to track down any information on the maker.It has a 4" drop point blade 8 1/4" overall ,carbon steel with a full tang and stag slabs.It has a very nice taper from the butt of the handle to the tip,and a heavy brass hilt.On the riccaso area it is stamped Truelove Hand Forged,in the center of the blade it is engraved w/a stag head flanked with some simple scroll work and Sheffield England,also banners above and below,in the top banner it says Stuart Truelove.also there is a small area of file work on the spine.Any info would be greatly appreciated.If I can figure out how to post a picture I will.
Thanks
Jamie Briggs
Hi Jamie,

I stumbled across this very old post whilst looking for Stuart Truelove knives for sale.

My husbands family are relatives of Stuart Truelove and we are trying to get as many Truelove knives back in to the family and I wondered if you still had the knife and if so would you be willing to sell it? It would mean a lot to the family to be able to collect as many as these as possible.

Thanks Ruth

Reactions: Jon Terry

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Hi, Jamie hasn't visited the forum since 2005. Doesn't look like that web link works anymore, and I couldn't quickly find any mention of him on other blade related forums.

Chris

Davidi

Jan 20, 2024
Sheffield
Hi Jamie,

I stumbled across this very old post whilst looking for Stuart Truelove knives for sale.

My husbands family are relatives of Stuart Truelove and we are trying to get as many Truelove knives back in to the family and I wondered if you still had the knife and if so would you be willing to sell it? It would mean a lot to the family to be able to collect as many as these as possible.

Thanks Ruth
Hello Ruth,

I saw your post post by chance. I have a couple of Truelove knives that I bought several decades ago but never used them. I would be happy to reunite them with the family if you are interested. I'm in north Sheffield.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE