stanley knife pocket folder

colly

Forager
Apr 10, 2010
Edenbridge Kent
i use these knives all the time for work.
i've gone through several makes and i've found the 'irwin' to be about the best and it's lasting longer than the others.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
i use these knives all the time for work.
i've gone through several makes and i've found the 'irwin' to be about the best and it's lasting longer than the others.

+2 on that. The Irwin blades really are twice as sharp and I'm getting 10x the life of stanley blades at work. They will also bend double without snapping.

Sorry, no idea on where to get the blade holder but I'll keep an eye this thread as I've been meaning to make one for backpacking.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I found a Stanleykey ring knife called the Mitey, not seen one in the flesh but the plastic handle model weighs under an ounce and closes to 3 inches.

Its not quite what I'd hoped to find, but usable.

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
+2 on that. The Irwin blades really are twice as sharp and I'm getting 10x the life of stanley blades at work. They will also bend double without snapping.

Sorry, no idea on where to get the blade holder but I'll keep an eye this thread as I've been meaning to make one for backpacking.

+3 I use the irwin blades at work and they really are sharper and longer lasting than the Stanley ones . The irwin folder is a good knife and should last a while ,but then again you
get what you pay for .

Craig..............Professional wood butcher !

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Thanks for all your replies:now sorted. I was trying to replicate a small folding knife which used razor blades. My father liberated one from a tank during the war but it disappeared after he died. The gerber stanley blade clip seems to be the nearest. I think it is advancing age but I keep remembering the ingenious knives the menfolk in my family used to carry and which I used to have as a boy. I suppose my grandson will have to remember the old ipods or something.

J

JohnDavisBlue

Lolzzz just visit your nearest mart to buy Stanley knife, i just don't know why you need to buy this one :p ? well i was mostly used knife for some papers cutting during my work for printing company and i made a knife to save myself from injured :)

Last edited by a moderator:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE