Stanage Edge, Jane Eyre, & How Not to Leave a Wood! (pics)

_mark_

Settler
May 3, 2010
Google Earth
The moor Mr Rochester,
25.jpg

The path Mr Rochester,
26.jpg

The edge Mr Rochester
24.jpg

you get the idea...
27.jpg

23.jpg

22.jpg

North Lees Hall, aka Thornfield Hall in Jane Eyre,
21.jpg

20-2.jpg

An absolute disgusting mess left in a lovely pine forest, there were loads of sites like these dotted around the Periphery! I gave up on the idea of bivvying and stayed at the next campsite.
28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

I feel as though I should go back and tidy but I found 20ish such sites without trying - it a mooch to a road...

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
I was up there over my Easter leave as it is one of favourite places in the world, to leave it in that state they should be shot!!!

I wild camped and the only evidence of where I slept was my body impression, which would easily grow back.

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
The warden there is a good friend, he is also a very keen birder so this time of year he is out all hours trying to catch the Sheffield yobs first time they camp because if he doesn't they will be back with more mates and finding all the ring ouzel nests so they can flag them for the climbers to avoid.

I built a bridge just below the Hall, lovely spot and home to good numbers of pied flycatchers. http://greenwood-carving.blogspot.com/search?q=lees

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I used to climb there and have fond memories of resting in the heather trying to get feeling back into my arms after strenuous climbing ...my nuckles still bear the scars of hand-jamming....
I hate the sight of all that trash...it was not that bad in my day!

Badger90

Forager
Mar 17, 2011
Devon
It's not that bad, i've seen alot worse ( an area after the pikeys have moved on ), the bottles and rubbish is in one spot, fire was contained to a certain extent, looks like someone was enjoying the area but didn't take their crap home, could've been alot worse.

_mark_

Settler
May 3, 2010
Google Earth
The warden there is a good friend,

If he needs a volunteer to clean up I'm around for a while, just need some rubble sacks.

It's not that bad, i've seen alot worse ( an area after the pikeys have moved on ), the bottles and rubbish is in one spot, fire was contained to a certain extent, looks like someone was enjoying the area but didn't take their crap home, could've been alot worse.

There were loads of similar sites dotted all around, this is just one of many.

more pics from today
33.jpg

31.jpg

34.jpg

32.jpg

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
Looks like a lovely place and a nice walk, also that skull looks very nice in the light, but if i stumbled across it at night id be gone :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE