Stainless steel kettle

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
I am looking for a SS Kettle for vehicle/Overland travel any suggestions on a "bomb proof" version?

Will need to be robust enough for open fire use

Cheers all

Pignut

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I have one I use on range, fire - allsorts. Works great - just make sure you get one with a really heavy base and no plastic knobs, whistles or handles. Mine was c. £30 IIRC but covers many bases

385849276_d28d369d85.jpg

HTH

Red

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I was trying to find the one I was looking at a while back that was iout of stock at the time but can't remember what it is called. Found these though, a nesting set in stainless for 14 dollars! Cannot vouch for how good they are but may give them a shot.

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
I was trying to find the one I was looking at a while back that was iout of stock at the time but can't remember what it is called. Found these though, a nesting set in stainless for 14 dollars! Cannot vouch for how good they are but may give them a shot.

No link?!?!?!?

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I thought I was on to a winner, then I saw the postage when i went back to find the link! Shame, as they look like locking bail arms and everything.

mayfly

Life Member
May 25, 2005
Switzerland
I have one of these and it is as bomb proof as all Zebra stuff. A SS tea pot, works fine for us as a kettle too. I replace the bakelite handle lid with equivalent size lid from a regular billy for fire use, fits perfectly. Or you could mod pretty easily I guess.
Chris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE