Sporran, Sgian Dubh, and sheath set finished!

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Last night i finally finished the sheath for a 3 part commission. The customer wanted a sporran, sgian dubh, and sheath made. the sporran and sheath were to have thistles on them and have laced edges. my girlfriend Water Gypsy made the sgian dubh.

more pictures and info on the sporran is HERE
more pictures and info on the sgian dubh is HERE

some pictures i took of the set this morning whilst frosty. i will take some more later when the sun comes out

cimg2303g.jpg

cimg2306i.jpg

cimg2305r.jpg

It was a tricky one getting this all done in time for the deadline and had other problems like running out of lace and dye. just managed to get the lace to stretch and managed to use a different dye for the sheath and match them as closely as possible to the sporran the only problem is the water based dye didnt work so well with the small thistle design. which again i had to make very small which was difficult. it appears the knife sticks out by 1mm of the sheath. this is because the tip of the knife needs ground down a little as the customer wanted a blunt blade so it will fit snug when its bluntened a bit more. im on the fence about these but hey ho you live and learn im just glad its over!

thanks for looking

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE