Spoon cloning

bikebum1975

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Connecticut
Well doing up a pair of spoons for a friend based on a silver spoon I found in my kitchen drawer here is where I am at so far made from beech. I did hit the bottom of the bowl with a tiny bit of oil just to bring the grain out a bit though needs to be thinned a tiny bit more and final handle shaping

100_3310.jpg

100_3318.jpg

100_3332.jpg

100_3342.jpg

100_3333.jpg

bikebum1975

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Connecticut
I've never tried drawing the shape out - I always see how it goes. Will try that next time

I usually just wing it most times but trying to push my detail carving ability to the next level for me. Specially after doing the challenge with Kepis this is only the second time I am following a set pattern to. As far as the drawing it doesn't always go the original shape either like the handle on this one has been modified a tiny bit

bikebum1975

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Connecticut
Thank you for the offer but I'm a bit far away for that think the shipping would be killer. I am in Connecticut near New York city in the states thanks much on the offer though

mikey.elefant

Forager
Dec 1, 2010
israel
Funny you say that, where in Connecticut ? shipping will not be bad at all, it will be sent from nyc.I do allot of travelling back and forth to NYC. will be there again in a few weeks, so my offer still stands.I will rough out a few blanks so you can work with it.

bikebum1975

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Connecticut
Funny you say that, where in Connecticut ? shipping will not be bad at all, it will be sent from nyc.I do allot of travelling back and forth to NYC. will be there again in a few weeks, so my offer still stands.I will rough out a few blanks so you can work with it.

Sweet thank you very much my friend :) send me a pm when you are in the area I'll get my addy to ya

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE