Sources for Silicone Spiral Electrical Wire

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Looking to do a battery pack mod for my zebralight but for the life of me i cant find any two core silicone wire in spiral format. You know the sort like on the old headphones. curly wurly type. Normal stuff is just too brittle at super low temps

Anyone have any ideas

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
Not 100% sure of the specification but this might be a useful place to try

http://www.telecoms2order.co.uk/sta...t-pathway-and-bt-versatility-phones-253-p.asp

standard-curly-cord-for-bt-inspiration-bt-pathway-and-bt-versatility-phones-253-p[ekm]290x290[ekm].jpg

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
You'll be needing a muff for it then;)

The Silicon part of the structure seems to be the issue with UK products, maybe something in the industrial freezer installation side of things is the place to be looking or importing from colder places, but that could be more of an issue, especially the cost.

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom

Yea i came across FS. I was looking for something retail. To be honest im hoping there is something that sells cheap that has a silicone covered cable that can be scavenged but no joy yet. Ive found some heavy duty stuff but this is for a torch so is only likely to see 1amp across it. The ideal would be a 12v car charger covered in silicone sheath but ive not found one yet. Probably cos people dont need to spec it for a bog standard charger cable.

Thanks for all your efforts so far

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
This is hard going;

Cable, lead, wire, cord. Spiral, coiled, curly, retractile, retractable, spring, helical. Silicone, PU, Polyurethane, low temperature, high temperature. Too many search terms!

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
How about coiling the wire yourself and then tieing it off with some 1mm shock cord? Not really what your looking for I no.

I remember you telling me why you want to do it, will the battery pack be in your pocket or attached to the headband?

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
on the headband mate. 1mm shock cord will be useless in those temps buddy. I think we have it covered, pete reckons he has a couple of cables that are silicone so we shall see. ive just ordered some usb cases from china that should give me a 5amp battery. Just gotta source some cable glands and a spare end cap for the zebra

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE