sons first hunt

persistent king

Settler
May 23, 2010
wigan
Me and my lad are new to the bushcraft scene but are realy keen learners .
Anyway i go fishing and hunting and my lad asked to come along , so i took him on his first hunt ...... he loved it
IMG00190-20101031-1425.jpg

He is even handy with a axe and reads bushcraft mag lol
Picture075.jpg

Picture041.jpg

Woodcutter

Feb 6, 2006
Kent
Great stuff mate, being taking my kids out since they were about 6 or 7, 11 and 13 now and still love it, was out at the weekend just gone for a wet night, great stuff. Looks like he's having the time of his life. Thanks for sharing.

persistent king

Settler
May 23, 2010
wigan
yeh hes loving it , its hard also as my wife mody codles him and doesnt agree with the hunting thing but thats how us lads grew up in the woods, collecting conkers etc , now you cant take conkers to school as its dangorous lol its a joke

Our kids got taken out for a walk when they were in the school nursery to go find conkers. They took me this year so I could find them as they both remember the school nursery walks and took me to the exact tree. Not bad for a 9 year old that last collected conkers when she was 4.

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Looks like the the little chap was enjoying himself .
It`s good to get them used to the outdoors at an early age .
Hey Donnie, My girls (12 and 14) are just like that but its shoes and handbags:)
yup there mum has a lot to answer for .

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
My boy is 13 my girl 11, and they both love their image (spend more on clothes in a month than I do in a year) but luckily they have enough of my genes (and you cant buy those) so still enjoy getting stuck in. They both finished the halloween hike last saturday, an 8 mile overnight incident hike...not for the feint hearted...

My girl following in dad's footsteps
photo6-1.jpg

My boy heading out into the wilderness
DSCF2854-1.jpg

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
I'm still planning on getting the terrors out properly, so far we've been on local walks identifying tree's and finding mushrooms, my youngest can spot a mushroom at 100 yards whilst moving its scary. he turned 4 yesterday! my eldest wouldn't spot a mushroom if he fell over in front of a giant puffball - he's 7. so it evens out ;)

persistent king

Settler
May 23, 2010
wigan
i made a stew, it winds me up that the wife wont eat it , pulls her face and says "you have just killed it" then goes to asda and buys a chicken that has lived and slept in its own urine for weeks . do you know what i am saying ?

anyway mini mears as i call him loved it

whitey3192

Forager
Oct 23, 2010
North yorkshire
great pictures!
its good to see that the nippers are getting into it all, not enough outdoor type kids these days, too busy with xbox, tv and computers in general!

mart

Forager
Apr 6, 2008
cumbria
Good on ya mate keep the boy at it, it will do him no end of good. I had my lad doing all kinds when he was young. He is in the Kings Royal Husars now and is breezing it in field craft. Cause he was good enough he's made the rock climbing club and will go on a climbing trip to Ayres rock in australia. How good is that :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE