Somewhere to camp in NWEngland/Wales

ruger_red

Tenderfoot
Mar 9, 2009
Merseyside
Hi All

Has anyone stayed at Fell Foot Wood ?

http://www.fellfootwood.co.uk/

Now I've ordered my tent I'm looking for somewhere quiet to go camping with my daughter, away from usual camp site suburbia of shower blocks and play areas. Some trees and a lake/river would be fine. That place looks like it might be OK, or maybe not, i.e, will she be finding bongs in the bushes.

Welcome to suggestions of alternatives in the North Wales/NW England area

Can't see fellfootwood mentioned on here anywhere and no reviews on the ukcampsite website...

Cheers.

Nyayo

Forager
Jun 9, 2005
Gone feral...
Tyddyn Du campsite in N Wales (sort of near Barmouth and Dolgellau) is ace. You're near an estaury, and reed beds, basic shower block, trees, fires, dogs etc. Campie is nice, and will happily sell you wood if you can't forage your own. Very good for kids as well. Pub within walking distance (although it is the grumpiest publican in all of Wales...)

N

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
I've always been a big fan of Stonethwaite campsite in Borrowdale. It's at the end of a farm track, there's a beck running alongside it and it's surrounded by mountains with oak woodland on the lower slopes, which will look beautiful at this time of year. It's very basic though, just toilets and cold water, but I know quite a few people who keep on returning there because of the beauty of the place and it's "away from it all" ambience.

Cheers, Michael.

ruger_red

Tenderfoot
Mar 9, 2009
Merseyside
Thanks for the replies. Some sites are a little too far afield this time but have bookmarked for next year when we can stay longer. Please keep the recommendations coming.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
I've always been a big fan of Stonethwaite campsite in Borrowdale. It's at the end of a farm track, there's a beck running alongside it and it's surrounded by mountains with oak woodland on the lower slopes, which will look beautiful at this time of year. It's very basic though, just toilets and cold water, but I know quite a few people who keep on returning there because of the beauty of the place and it's "away from it all" ambience.

Cheers, Michael.

I've stayed here and I love it.

If you want North Wales, try this one:
http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=2870
It's cheap and with basic facilities in a cracking location, though it can be popular.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE