Some people say that Woodlore is taking the....

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
But this is this is ridiculous :D
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-BOXED-Ray...135489000QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220135489000

Edit: Re-reading this post I relised that I inadvertantly slighted Woodlore. I NEVER thought that this had anything to do with them, it was intended as an indictment on how some people try to profit of other peoples name and hard work.

What I should have said was:

But these people are really taking the .....

Put it down to a bottle of Cab. Sav. :D

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I doubt it's anything to do with woodlore (if it was it'd cost way more). You might want to drop them an email to let them know about this. They take a dim view of people using Rays name and the woodlore name. You never know, they may give you a genuine Ray Mears used hanky in appreciation:) .

I agree with this. It's a sad reflection of the popularity of the man and what he has achieved. You can still buy most of this stuff on the Woodlore website. For example the t-shirts are £10. :eek:

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
These are currently going for £11.50 from www.raymears.com, plus £3.50 P&P, i.e. £15 to your door (i.e. cheaper to buy from Woodlore), or if you can bear to miss out on the presentation box :), it will only cost you £10 as they do free postage for items costing £10 and less.

Geoff

PS: I have no connection with Woodlore

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
I doubt it's anything to do with woodlore (if it was it'd cost way more). You might want to drop them an email to let them know about this. They take a dim view of people using Rays name and the woodlore name. You never know, they may give you a genuine Ray Mears used hanky in appreciation:) .

It did not think for a minute that this had anything to do with woodlore. It just amazes me what some people will do on ebay, and what people will actually buy from it! Don't get me wrong I like ebay and buy a lot from there but I do the research before hand.

That said I did once by a secondhand PFD for the same price that I could have bought it brand new from Argos! :) And due to the bloke going on holiday had to wait three week for delivery to boot.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
It did not think for a minute that this had anything to do with woodlore. It just amazes me what some people will do on ebay, and what people will actually buy from it! Don't get me wrong I like ebay and buy a lot from there but I do the research before hand.

That said I did once by a secondhand PFD for the same price that I could have bought it brand new from Argos! :) And due to the bloke going on holiday had to wait three week for delivery to boot.
Didn't think you did mate. Ebay does do strange things to people. I often see used bike parts going for more than new ones:rolleyes: . Funny old world innit?

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
I see the seller is also selling bits of ration packs. Bear in mind a whole pack (matches, chlorine tabs, tissues, beverages, 2 bars choc, sweets and three square meals) costs a fiver, so charging £3.59 for the matches and chlorine tablets is just a tad steep......

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE