Solitary Bee ID Help Please?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I have a number of these solitary bees in the garden - doing a great job on the cherry blossom. Can anyone help me with a positive ID? They are somewhat shorter and much more slender than a honey bee

TIA

Red

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Hiya mate, not an expert but I had a search around and to me it looks like it could be a Andrena carantonica (google throws up images), looks nothing like the bees in our hives obviously but does look the ones in your pictures :).

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Could be...the one in our garden was more slender than most of the images. I have Collins British Insects in front of me...but I can't be positive on the ID

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I could go with Andrena, but they are a difficult group to separate, and I'm not skilled in them.

You can have a bash at identifying it here if you like, but I wish you luck.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Hiya mate, not an expert but I had a search around and to me it looks like it could be a Andrena carantonica (google throws up images), looks nothing like the bees in our hives obviously but does look the ones in your pictures :).

This looks like a decent shout, but I'm going to pass your image to someone who knows these bees, if that's ok with you Hugh?

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I have seen evidence of miner bees around so that makes sense - thank you and please thank your friend for me :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE