Slowly cooked for two days.

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
My friend who owns the stable where I have my permission, asked me to convert a 20' freight container he has acquired, into a tack room.
So on Wednesday I ordered the materials needed, and took a load of 2x2 to start yesterday morning. First job was to frame out the inside to take the wall and ceiling panels.Then to first fix the wiring and insulate. By 4.30 when the last of the material arrived, I was exhausted, it was so hot in the container, so home and shower.
Today I cut two holes, one in the side wall and one in the door, to allow some ventilation, then on with the panelling, But by two o'clock I was struggling with the heat, and making mistakes, I looked at the thermometer in the truck,and it read 33 degrees. At three I decided to call it a day, and went home to shower. I,ll finish it next week when it's cooler.

Tack room 001.jpg Tack room 002.jpg Tack room 003.jpg Tack room 004.jpg

Tack room 008.jpg Tack room 009.jpg Tack room 012.jpg Views of my permission across the paddock to the tree line in the far right hand corner.Tack room 010.jpg Tack room 011.jpg

Tack room 016.jpg

lathe dog

Tenderfoot
Jul 25, 2010
Middlesex
It's not the weather for heavy labor that's for sure, I used to be able to cope with it a few years ago..............but I'm flagging
a bit with it today.

The container will look good once it all decked out and wired up.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
Horrible to be grafting in , I,ve been out landscaping and shovelling and barrowing soil and chips etc ,never sweated so much .

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Wait until it gets into the mid to high forties with high humidity, after a day of that I'm like a used dishtrag.....

Do you have the humidity with that heat, I know when I have been to Cyprus I seem to be able to handle the heat much better, when it is a dry heat.

Sorry I just reread your post, and yes you do have high humidity, Ouch.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
In high summer it can get to 50+ with 100% humidity,
The area I'm in was officially the hottest place on the planet for perceived temperature a few years ago.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Sounds proper brutal i'd be screwed, opened the thread and was expecting the ultimate slow cooked meal not you frazzled

feralpig

Forager
Aug 6, 2013
Mid Wales
It's been cooler here today. I was seriously considering staying at home today if it was going to be another scorcher. After three days of being cooked, I felt real rough last night.
For once, I was glad to hear the torrential rain in the early hours of this morning.

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
I know how yer feel pal I've just been insulating out an attic space with 100mm kingspan for last two days.couldnt even see for the sweat. I lay star fished on floor on mi back n their were an outline if my body on floor in sweat ha grim as!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE