Sleeping Bag Liners

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ranger

Forager
Nov 3, 2003
South East
I was wondering if any of you use or have experience of silk sleeping bag liners and whether you would recommend them. If so, what type, rectangle or mummy.

Y

yowee

I've used silk sleeping bag liners on many occasions and found them very good they can be quiet warm, the mummy liners are great as long as you have a mummy style sleeping bag, they can increase your sleeping bag raeting by about half a season, and it means you can just wash the liner rather than you're whole bag.

T

Tumper

I agree with all the above...Silk liners make a real difference on the comfort side of things, and a fleece liner is often all I use with my bivi bag. I once tried a cheap polyester liner, and found it to be a nightmare. It got damp quick, and stayed damp. Liners are one of the items where quality does count. Find a good stockist, and check them out the same way you would a bag.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Silk liners are excellent. They are lightweight and take up hardly any space in your pack. Due to the fact that silk has a very low conductivity of heat they will keep your body warm in cold weather and cool in hot tropical climates. I've always carried one of these when off on my world travels.

:)
Ed

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Silk liners are absolutely excellent .. they add both warmth and comfort to any bag.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
i have heard some stuff about bad whicking properties of silk in clothing, any thing about that with silk liners?
You are correct, silk does not wick moisture away well but being thin it dries off quickly. If you are sweating that much that its causing a problem you probably don't need a liner ;-)

Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE