Skillet/frying pan/Wok type thingy???

Woodcutter

Feb 6, 2006
Kent
I recently was looking at a review of a skillet type frying pan thingy magig, Can't remeber where nor can i find the article again. I think it was in a bushcraft/survival type magazine. They came in different sizes with a bag etc, Can anyone tell me what they were called or tell me where the article is? they had a name that I cannot remember.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I recently was looking at a review of a skillet type frying pan thingy magig, Can't remeber where nor can i find the article again. I think it was in a bushcraft/survival type magazine. They came in different sizes with a bag etc, Can anyone tell me what they were called or tell me where the article is? they had a name that I cannot remember.

I would be interested in the answer too. You seem to be having what a friend of mine refers to as a CRAFT moment! Can't Remember A F****ing Thing.:D

ive used a small wok for some years now only a few ££ at the Chinese supermkts but i remove the handle and weld on a large nut. then use a matching bolt to make a long handle thats similer to the one you show ideal for open fires etc though the wok shape is much deeper

ATB

Duncan

Still Waters

Nomad
Dec 20, 2007
North yorkshire
If you can weld or have a mate that can weld?
Then one of those can be made very easily from the bottom of an old calorgas bottle.

If you want a custom made one then im willing to make one for you in return for a swap of some sort.

I have a reuse and recycle gas bottle fetish so if anyone would like anything else making from one please feel free to contact me via pm is best and im sure we can work somthing out.

Below is a wood burning stove i made from a small calor gas bottle after getting inspiration from ludlow survivors.

tundra.jpg

I am making a cauldron from one soon for my siter whos big into wicca and im also in the near future making a garden chimnea using a few differant types of gas bottles if anyones interested?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE