Ski Wear?

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
Hi all,

I haven't been skiing in yonks but am finally going again this January....I've grown quite a lot since I last went and am in dire need of some new ski wear....can anyone suggest a good online resource for jackets/salopettes etc? I tried Tk Maxx but it was all fairly pants stuff, albeit at low prices :( .

Thanks all,

Will

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Try Field and Trek.
If you don't ski alot then maybe get a good softshell , Rab Baltoro or Arc'teryx and some softshell pants.
I rarely ski but do go snowshoeing and find that the same kit works for both but you will need a warm mid-layer for skiing.
I use merino base layer and pants , Arc'teryx softshell trousers or Mountain Hardwear conduit trousers , North face thin fleece and Arc'teryx Alpha sv goretex shell.
If I'm skiing I add a Patagonia nano puff sweater which is very warm but packs down to nothing in a backpack.
A little cheaper the Berghaus Extrem range has some good kit in it too.
Hope this helps.Lots of good quality kit on Ebay too second hand.
Cheers , Simon

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
I ordered some stuff from Skiwear4less for my sister last year, and they seems fine. I have no idea about most of the brands, but prices weren't too bad.

Have a look at whats coming up (or down) in Blacks..they were doing 25% off last week, 40% the week before - so God knows what their clearence will be like. Cotswold might also have some stuff in their sale. Don't forget John Lewis. Last year I almost got a pair of Columbia salopes for £17 in Clearence - stupidly I thought twice about it, and when I went back the next day, they had gone. Since we match everyones sale price (full confession, I'm a partner), if you do find it cheaper at another store, tell us, and of course if the price goes down within 28 days of purchase, we'll refund the difference (people don't always know that). Obviously Clearence stuff doesn't apply, but you can still get some good deals (Columbia micro fleeces for a fiver!). There will be stuff both instore (more the odds and sods) and online, so have a look at both.

There is always the http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/offers_week51Thursday11.htm Aldi special purchase!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE