Six thousand posts competition

So it appears I talk too much.....
In following with tradition I'd like to propose a competition for a mystery prize.
One of the things I love about BushcraftUk is the feeling of community and also the magnificent trip reports which allow me to accompany folk to some places I'm not necessarily going to get to.

So my comp is a bit different.
I'd like people to suggest their favourite trip report.

The prize will go to a randomly generated post number generated by my step daughter Shan of tanith.

It doesnt need to be exotic per se before anyone wonders. I'd also like to see the reasoning behind suggesting it.

Comp will run until tuesday afternoon.

My thanks to Tony for running the forum. Mods for making it a friendly welcoming place and all the members for constantly showing and sharing some really impressive knowledge.
I've made some good friends through this forum and look forward to the next 6000 posts

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Teepee's account of his Arctic wanderings. It made me feel like I was there with him and I reckon you can't ask much more than that.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I'd like to nominate Wayland's report from the trip up to the Sammi market - just like a good book I got lost in it and went there with the guys; very well written and descriptive, gave me a real sense of having been to a place I'll probably never get to.

What was really special was that, although the photographs were superb, (well it was Wayland!), the writing alone told the story and would stand alone............atb mac

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
yo....i'll second mesquite here....i was touched by kard133s write-up....dunno the guy or what is going on in his life but at the end i was left almost wanting to pm him saying....''are you ok m8?....if you need a chat, lemme know''....bizarre, but hey thats me. added to that his writeup was genuinely informative on both practical and emotional/physical fronts.

s

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Nice comp! Congratulations on 6k posts :)

The one that springs to mind is 'First Camp of 2013' by TheOctagon, fantastic inversion pictures, and mountains are close to my heart :D.

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
nice comp Sam :)

My favourite trip report is Barethrills Estonia trip as it is the first i have come across Estonia and his report is full of useful tips for a country i had no idea was so beautiful and accessible

Have to agree with Dreadhead here Barethrills report was interesting as didn't know much about what Estonia had to offer

Orric

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE