Sigg

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
Just carnt seem to do away with my sigg bottles , I've got nalgene bottles in Triton and stainless plus ex military canteens but I love my siggs , I think they look better pack better and you can drink out of them better.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Yeh, agreed, but be careful putting good malt in them :) (or at least leaving malt in them, it deteriorates the inner surface for some reason and, worse of all, spoils the malt :().

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
I have a battered, black half-litre Sigg ... like hipflask shaped. It's OK. What are the other ones like

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Are Sigg bottles any better than their clones?

Used to have two when walking. They show your outdoor history in every dent, scratch and crumpled base corner from a near full drop.

Reactions: Broch and Winnet

Elsenham 177

Forager
Dec 23, 2020
Essex
First water bottle I bought was a black sigg had it for a long while now. It bares the scars of many a walk. Only had to replace the mouth piece which was damaged due to being dropped.

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
They are a convenient size and shape, I agree, although not great for use in very cold conditions (were I often find myself).

My main issue with them is that I still can't stop thinking of them as fuel bottles, as they were the de facto fuel bottle for Trangias when I was younger.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I remember having a lacquered one for drinks and an unlacquered one for the Trangia meths. I've still got my drinks one, though it is battered, dented and scarred by being my chosen water bottle on nearly every hill and mountain I have climbed. Quite what happened to my fuel one, I don't know.

I also have one of their black, stainless steel, oval-shaped ones that they produced with a matching cup as a run of retro Swiss Army kit a few years back. Now that is a thing of genius and is almost always in my everyday pack.

Reactions: SaraR

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE