show me your fire bowls/modded jerry cans please

Right just inherited an old petrol jerry can from the father in law
also borrowed an angle grinder from my godfather i see the two being combined into a homebade firebowl/fire pit type thing
i am in two minds as to whether i just slice it in half horizontally or get a bit creative so would like to see what the talented folk on here have done with theirs please
thanks in advance

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
pass, why? he was in forces 70's/80's so maybe around there?

'cos if it was dated WW2 then the re-enacters would've had your arm off.

re. the OP, steve (mesquite) has about the best jerry can set up that i've seen, i'm sure you know the one that i mean

cheers

stuart

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
comrie3-3.jpg

comrie3.jpg

flint4.jpg

We use one of these two, the first is the bottom 6-8" of an oil drum with shelving rails attached. The only recent thing we've done is use 3cut down brackets and a circle of stainless steel from an old kitchen panel to make a shelf below for drying wood or keeping food hot.

The other is the bottom half of a gas canister, it's heavy and great for the odd small fire in the back garden. The boys use it a lot for "quick" fires to cook on..

We've got grills that fit over both of these, often use one of the fire logs on the oildrum one after cooking.

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
I have cut a square in the top of mine but left a lip so I can put a mug or small pot on it, for a stand I use a wilkinsons plate stand (folds flat and a lot lighter than bricks). I drilled a few holes in the bottom to allow air in, but I need more, I also keep the spout open to help with air flow as well, but I know some people cut it off (i was lazy and didn't)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE