Should We Eat Meat?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
It seems that there is a lot of confusion about whether to eat meat or not nowadays. I have always been confused. I was vegetarian for 12 years but felt ill and then went paleo ( high meat and fat) for three years and felt even worse. If you look at this book
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Metabolic-T...6816807&sr=8-1&keywords=metabolic+typing+diet
you can find out what proportion of meat you need to be eating in your diet as, depending on where your ancestors originated from.....

The same is true about dairy products. There are exceptions but certain ethnic backgrounds are more lactose intolerant than others. Generally African genetics is lactose intolerant (with the notable exception of the Masai) As are most Asians (with exceptions for India, and parts of western Asia)

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
And yes certain themes seem to appear in more than one religion. The story of the flood appears in several as well.

And a lot of religious buildings are built on top of much older religious sites. Easiest way to convert a populace is to subvert what they already know and do rather than change it completely. Hence the common trends.

Personally though I favour the Asgards methods to the Goa'uld

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I have already had to modify a post. Please keep the thread on topic and away from religion. If the thread carries on the way it's going I'll have to lock it.

Your understanding as always is appreciated.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I have already had to modify a post. Please keep the thread on topic and away from religion. If the thread carries on the way it's going I'll have to lock it.

Your understanding as always is appreciated.

My post was not critical and showed historical facts which backed up ideas previously mentioned. It did not ridicule, impugn or bring into question any religion or religion in general. Its a shame we have to censor facts.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
No it isn't a good idea to eat meat, specifically red meat (bird meat and primate meat is ok though) if you have been bitten by one of these...

I'm not making this up, a tick whose bite will turn you into a vegetarian!

"...a bite from Amblyomma americanum provokes a delayed allergic response to a certain monosaccharide found only in red meat. Meaning that if one of these little 'guys' bites you, nothing happens for a month or two. Then you go into anaphylactic shock the next time you bite a hamburger..."

Read more here.

Thanks to Peter Watts, author of Blindsight.

Last edited:

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
My post was not critical and showed historical facts which backed up ideas previously mentioned. It did not ridicule, impugn or bring into question any religion or religion in general. Its a shame we have to censor facts.

I don't believe I censored or modified any of YOUR posts and the thread is still active.... I am however still watching........ Always watching :cop:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE