Shot Pot Tutorial

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Tutorial for making shotpots

Ive always found these have gone down well at meets as gizzits. I used to make and sell them but no longer have the time due to work commitments.

heres a little video on the process. They are a handy thing for storing bits and bobs.

[video=youtube;FGyUwEg8dyg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGyUwEg8dyg&feature=plcp[/video]

S.C.M.

Nomad
Jul 4, 2012
Algarve, Portugal
heh, I came here thinking "make a shot-put?! out of wood? metal? clay?" then it's shot-pots! A very neat idea, and one I can think of various variations of - wateproofed and sealed with wax, for one.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
heh, I came here thinking "make a shot-put?! out of wood? metal? clay?" then it's shot-pots! A very neat idea, and one I can think of various variations of - wateproofed and sealed with wax, for one.

ive done one that contains a glass bottle for salt, pepper, herbs, oil etc. got a sewing kit in another. sure there are tons of other uses too

S.C.M.

Nomad
Jul 4, 2012
Algarve, Portugal
ive done one that contains a glass bottle for salt, pepper, herbs, oil etc. got a sewing kit in another. sure there are tons of other uses too

I was thinking if you packed it with tinder/matches/flammable stuff and then wax-dipped it to seal it, you would have an emergency fire-lighter. or you could do the same with batteries or something else that needs to be kept dry.

roger-uk

Settler
Nov 21, 2009
long Eaton
I was thinking if you packed it with tinder/matches/flammable stuff and then wax-dipped it to seal it, you would have an emergency fire-lighter. or you could do the same with batteries or something else that needs to be kept dry.

Electricians tape stretched around the top and bottom does a good job of waterproofing it

S.C.M.

Nomad
Jul 4, 2012
Algarve, Portugal
I suppose tape would work, but I was thinking that wax would also seep into any small cracks or gaps, that you might not see and tape over. it might flake off though...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE