Shadow Over Innsmouth - HP Lovecraft

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
Thanks for the heads up! One to record to listen to in the hammock... at night ... in the dark ... :)

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
I remember the book well, there was also a terrible, cheap Italian film based on the novel. It was so bad , it was comical. I look forward to listening to this.

Leiflet

Nomad
Jun 5, 2013
Devon
Yay, I used to be into his stuff - even did some rip-off short stories that got published. That was a while ago and it's all thoroughly out of print. Well, maybe my parents have kept something - they do that sort of thing. No substitute for a good spoon, though.

Cheers,
Leif

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Not heard that one but I had At The Mountains Of Madness books. I'll read all sorts and have a fair bit of patience when it comes to reading*, can usually get through a lot of pages to get to the nugget of decent plot but the one I read got launched across the room cos it was just crap. Gave both books away to the girl who lived downstairs if I remember right.
It was all a bit Unseen, unheard, unimaginable shapeless cosmic horrors slithering about in blackness.
Years later I got a download of the audio book and it was just as bad.

Quite possible that Shadow Over Innsmouth is better, I've never read it.

*Got through 1340 pages of pure anticlimax that was called Shogun, I'd call that pretty determined anyway.

almac

Forager
Oct 13, 2010
Okanagan, BC CANADA
the world rally needs a "at the mountains of madness" film. period.
years ago when I first saw images of the underground pyramid in the AVP film, I thought of lovecraft... until I saw the aliens... ;)

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
*Got through 1340 pages of pure anticlimax that was called Shogun, I'd call that pretty determined anyway.

did that myself as well, gave up the will to live after that one ! :)

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Lovecraft fan here. I haveThe Shadow Over Innsmouth on audio cassette, with David McAllum narrating.

Oooooo ... Illya Kuriakin !!! More eye candy becomes ear-candy :rofl: ... that last makes even my mind boggle !!! I wonder if I've still got anything to play an audio cassette on ??? Mind you, the bloke reading this ver was pretty good.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE