Selling your crafts and hand made stuff

Ozhaggishead

Nomad
Dec 8, 2007
Sydney
www.flickr.com
:D I know that a lot of you guys in the group are into making crafts stuff from wood and leather.But were do you sell your stuff on line online?I am toying with the idea of making stuff to sell on e-bay or etsy.What do you guys think waste of time or worth a try?What are the pitfalls?

I think ebay not the best place to sell handmade things it’s more for mass made things.Esty is all handmade crafts mostly the stitch and bitch brigade lots of softies toys and funky kids clothing but also some leather goods and stuff like handmade soap and candles.Costs 5 cent to list a item and you have your own online store this is look like the best option so far.

I have a few things I am thinking of making to sell.Leather covered journals and leather jewelry.I make Wind chimes from old silverware and cutlery they are like junk art a lot of people who come round the house like them and what me to make one for them.I make leather Scottish sporrans(purse thing that go’s in front of a kilt):rolleyes: I what to make at least one to try and sell.

This thing is part for fun part to make a wee bit of cash.I am going to set my self a target of thing to make and get down to it! Just off to started to cleanup the shed:rolleyes:
IMG_3681.jpg

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
in my experience its worth trying e-bay , but be prepared for disapointing money as it can often happen , best bet is forums.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE