Secret Life of Lichens.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Attended the opening of the ‘Secret Life of Lichens’ exhibition on friday at Chatelherault Country Park, and an excellent exhibition it is too.

Well laid out information, plenty of hands-on exercises to keep interest up and an assortment of lichen products show the variety of uses for these odd little plants.

There's a brief description on Lanarkshire Council's website. I believe after november there are plans to roadshow the exhibition to other locations and a webpage detailing this is planned.

I'll definately be returning for another visit as I totaly failed to ID anything on the microscope tables :rolleyes:. A bit of practice in using the reference book is in order methinks.
Also forgot to ask which species the wide flat edible one was. Quite nice that. :)

Would recommend it to anyone passing Hamilton with a couple of hours to spare.

Did you make it out the door with "your" cauldron Toddy? :D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:eek: Not yet ;) HWMBLT says there's no way I'm getting one that size, and he doesn't care *how* many castles I work in :(

It was/is an excellent exhibition, well worth a visit, and the country park around it at Chatelherault (pronounced chatlerow) is a really lovely place to walk.

Cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE