Seasonal foraged fair only

BILLy

Apr 16, 2005
NORTH WALES
Ok, hopefully this thread will give everybody food for thought (pardon the pun) about what is being foraged to eat/drink at the specific time of year, for example, don't say you are foraging plums in February if there are no plums to forage. It's a week by week month by month forage diary if you like, what's available in your part of the world now to forage for the table.
Hope this is clear,
Edible and drinkable only please!!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We have had numerous attempts over the years the forum has been running to create some kind of accessible listing of what can be eaten and when it's available.
It all ends up just too much to keep on top of it.

So, my suggestion is that we simply have a thread of what can be eaten, and is available, now.
I'm dreadful at remembering to take photos, but they'd be good if folks do put them in too :D

This past few days I have had:-

Bittercress
Heartsease and primrose flowers
Nettles
Jelly ears
Sycamore peas
Scotch marigold petals
Wild onion something or other
Dandelions
Dockens (Sorel)

Not a lot, but it's been almost non stop rain and drizzle and I haven't been out much.

What have you found and munched ? :D

cheers,
M

WoodsmanJim

Forager
Oct 27, 2013
Wirral
I was wandering round Ambleside yesterday and saw a bunch of Jews Ears growing on a wooden shop sign! picked a handful, dried them in the drying cupboard of the holiday lodge I'm staying in and today I'm enjoying them as crisps!

Jim

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE