Scrap Yard Muk

Alfredo

Settler
Oct 25, 2009
ITALY (ALPS)
Hello everybody,
this is my first review on this forum, so I apologize in advance for the mistakes that I'll sure do :rolleyes:

I had my SY Muk any weeks ago, I used him a lot on outdoors, and time by time I was becoming a fan of this knife :surrender:

Probably you still know the origin of this kind of knife: G.W. Sears - aka Nessmuk - was a outdoorsman and a writer

who choose for his trips on the woods this trio of tools

so, the fixed blade choosen by Sears took the name of "Nessmuk", and this is the modern version of this knife, as per Scrap Yard Knives, the Muk:

you may find specs at the SY link
http://www.scrapyardknives.com/knives.htm
Let's start with any light jobs, in the kitchen

and now a few of batoning, fuzz-sticking, notching

this is my preferred way to wear my Muk, especially on winter

all in all, a good knife, handy and easy to use, IMHO great for camping and outdoors activities, wit a reasonable cost

Thanks for reading! Ciao from Italy, Alfredo

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I like the shape but not the handle so much - looks like it would be very grippy though!

I can see that a rucksack and knife is essential wear in your bathroom too - looks like you could get lost in there it's huge! :D

Alfredo

Settler
Oct 25, 2009
ITALY (ALPS)
Busse, Swamp Rat, Scrap Yard: the same family.
SY are the cheapest, than you have Swamp Rat, finally Busse. I own any knives of each brand, and they are all great, IMHO.

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
If Busse did a proper bushcraft style knife i would buy one, i've heard great things about INFI.

Chinkapin

Settler
Jan 5, 2009
Kansas USA
Great looking knife, Alfredo, the handle looks like it would be good for baton work. It looks as if it would absorb a lot of shock from each blow of the baton.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE