SAS Arctic Smock Black

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Latest version, brand new in wrapper.
I bought it last week and prefer my M65 so it's straight on sale again (for less than I paid!:) ).
Size 180/104 = 42" chest with plenty of space for woolies underneath.
It's the latest, non-ripstop version with four front pockets, sleeve pockets (right dressing, left pens etc.) Heavy cotton twill in plain black.
The 'arctic' moniker just means it's the same as standard but with a wired hood.
Great bit of kit, £35 inc. p+p.
I'll add photos soon for anyone who doesn't knwo what these look like.

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
Exactly how much room underneath for woolies and the like?

I would love that but SWMBO has just measured my chest at 45" (damn that weight training). I do have a DPM snipers smock for shooting and that is measured at 190/96 and that has a LOT of room in it and i have to roll the sleeves back unless i use the velcro straps.

Cheers

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
I hate to be a n*b but whats a gaberdine smock to compare to a swanndri or gore-tex? My dad is an ex-serviceman and he always said they just ended up sopping wet in heavy rain. With all due respect to the seller of course :You_Rock_ .

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
I hate to be a n*b but whats a gaberdine smock to compare to a swanndri or gore-tex? My dad is an ex-serviceman and he always said they just ended up sopping wet in heavy rain. With all due respect to the seller of course :You_Rock_ .

This was probably the rudest post I've ever seen! Why on earth do a comparison in an ad? Set up a new thread instead, if you wonder about what reasons to chose a gabardine smock instead of a swannie or gore-tex. This was just really unnecessary.

And shep, pm sent..

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
This was probably the rudest post I've ever seen! Why on earth do a comparison in an ad? Set up a new thread instead, if you wonder about what reasons to chose a gabardine smock instead of a swannie or gore-tex. This was just really unnecessary.

And shep, pm sent..

Alright alright kool it brah. Im just interested as to why there so popular is all.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham

Hmm.. pity your ex serviceman dad didn't teach you basic manners Master Sharp. It's bad form to hijack an advert with personal criticisms. As others have said, start a new thread and ask your question there please.

Eric

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Here are some pics.
1306318278_99e18a3262.jpg

1306317282_3bc7d90312.jpg

1306316476_3241bd8671.jpg

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I am also an ex serviceman, and I rate Gaberdine or windproof smocks. If it is light rain, an old smock will get wet, but it dries so quickly that it doesn't really matter. Soldiers are supposed to be wet and miserable anyway, that's why they run around shouting a lot, to warm themselves up! Also, sit next to a fire in your goretex jacket. That won't last long! Alternatively, go up The Fan in your Swanni alone. As good as a Swanni is, they don't keep the wind off very well. I'd take a windproof in either case, with good layers underneath, nothing will soak you unless you are in a real downpour. Then, of course, you'd get your waterproofs out. If it is really soaking though, you will sweat away in your goretex jacket and get soaked anyway, so you should be wearing a poncho!

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
Yeah alright sorry guys, I know when Im in the wrong. Apologies shep. I wont screw up again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE