Salewa Micra tent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
I have for sale a Salewa Micra (not the Micra II) tent.

I don't know a great deal about these to be honest. Inner set up first. Very fast pitch, theres a repair patch on the inner material, outer waterproof shell is fine.

I'd like £45 delivered please.

Bank transfer preferred.

IMG_2954.jpgIMG_2958.jpgIMG_2966.jpgIMG_2984.jpgIMG_2986.jpgIMG_2980.jpgIMG_2973.jpgIMG_2962.jpgIMG_2989.jpgIMG_2976.jpgIMG_2992.jpg

Here's a review I've dug up online. http://www.walkscotland.com/ltents.htm

"Salewa Micra
Walkscotland.com was armed with the extremely lightweight (1.9kg) Salewa Micra tent during a two-day trek from Dunkeld to Pitlochry recently. Spurning a night at Sarah's Bothy, we decided to pitch the Micra near a little copse of trees a few hundred yards from the building.
This particular tent is very easy to erect and a pre-trip practice session in the office saw it up in just a couple of minutes. The instructions provided are short and to the point and provided in various languages. The three-season Micra pitches inner first and Salewa's system whereby poles (which have screwlock tips for greater stability), inner and outer attach to each other at the four corners mean you can erect it and move it around your campsite before committing yourself to knocking in a single peg. Tension bands make for easy adjustment. It is just large enough to accommodate two (close!) friends at 130cm wide, while there is plenty of headroom (105cm). The tent also benefits from a handy little gear loft attached to the roof which makes an ideal place to put a torchlight, or stow small amounts of gear. Above this there's a mesh panel which allows light in. There's also a good sized porch area for cooking and gear storage. There are two storm-flap covered ventilation panels in the fly at each end which we should have used because there was a fair bit of condensation under the flysheet the next day following an extremely warm summer night. The outer cover was quick to dry, however, and the entire bundle is easy to pack away in its smart suitcase-like soft holdall, while a stuff sack alternative is supplied to keep weight down. While accommodating two people in relative comfort, the weight is light enough for this to be used on solo backpacking trips. The build quality is excellent, as one would expect from a company like Salewa, and the stability was superb in rough weather. Very attractively priced at £129.95. Colour: Forest Green with yellow inner. Supplied with spare material patches for repair."

Please note that theres are no instrctions included but it is very easy to pitch, and only the storage bag pictured is included. It does come with lightweight pegs and pre attached guy lines.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE