Salami heads up - Aldi

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Aldi have the whole german thing going on again thanks to October being unnoficial beer festival everywhere you go.
so they've got a rather good selection of packet salami going on, alpensalami, kabanos etc. all stuff you can store in a cool dry place rather then the fridge, grab it whilst its still in stock!

Also i'll share an experience i had recently with "Grants" tinned foods. Got the Haggis in a tin and black pud in a tin recently.
Both were excellent!

the haggis is minus the sheep stomach as there's no need for it what with it being in a tin. cooked on the hob after popping it out the tin (don't forget your tin opener) and breaking it up with a fork. when piping hot its really nice! as per the tin tho they recommend dropping in a touch of whiskey and i reckon that'd give it that extra kick.
good stodgy camp fire food and well tasty!

the black pud comes as one long piece and you cut it into 6 slices and fry as normal. also very very tasty and the tin is at least a ringpull type on this. great for adding to beans for brekkie!

overall i'm impressed and will be getting more, sourcing is an issue so you'll have to look around, i've found their online shop but i got mine in my local B&M.
Pete

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I picked up 6 of each myself Pete, handy to have in the cupboard. Don't be tempted by the tinned Chicken salami though, its awful stuff. My branch has another batch of Fortnum & Mason sardines in olive oil back in stock at 39p a can.

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
tinned haggis is fairly easy got up here, not sure if it was grants but what i had was satisfactory alternative to capturing and cleaning your own.

stoo.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE