Sad loss

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Furface

Jan 13, 2005
Gloucester
For anyone who uses kit from Kathmandu Trekking, or has ever had dealings with Julian, will be deeply saddenned to hear that he is no longer with us.

I have just been told by Wendy, that he suffered a heart attack on Saturday and did not recover.

I do not know what else to say, other than to send my heartfelt sympathies and condolances to Wendy.

If anyone has outstanding orders, please be patient and understanding. You wouldn't want to feel as guilty as me when I phoned to ask about a shipment.

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Indeed a sad loss.

My dealing with Julian were not great but in that short period of time I always found him to be friendly, helpful and I enjoyed his dry wit.

Deepest sympathies to Wendy.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Very sad news indeed.

Kathmandu kit was never advertised much - it is popular for the simple reason it is very good. A number of very experienced outdoorsmen, who could have afforded whatever kit they wanted, chose Kathmandu.

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
My dealings have only just been initiated with Kathmandu kit after countless recommendation from here. It is very sad news indeed :(

furface said:
I do not know what else to say, other than to send my heartfelt sympathies and condolances to Wendy.

I echo those words entirely.

TwoFourAlpha

Tenderfoot
Dec 18, 2004
Manchester
I never had any dealing with him, other than owning one of their bashas. It's hanging from a hook in the corner of the room, drying, as I type.

I hope that some solace may be gained from the knowledge that I will think of him every time I string it out.

I know I won't be the only one.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Sad and shocking news. I had a lot of dealings with Julian lately. He made a lightweight Tipi for me and we corrisponded quite a bit as it was being made. Then I also got a XXL Basha from him and phoned him on that occasion.

He was certainly a charactor and I shall miss his emails. He nearly had me taking a puppy to go with the Tipi :rolleyes:

My thought and best wishes are with his family now.

Loe there do i see my Father.
Loe there do i see my Mother and my Sisters and my Brothers.
Loe there do i see a line of my people back to the beginning.
Loe they do call to me.

They bid me,take my place among them in the halls of Valhalla.

Where the brave may live.

Forever!

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Very sad news. I only spoke to him last week. A real character.
My thoughts go out to Wendy and his family.

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Sad news indeed.

I do not own any Kathmandu kit or have I ever spoken to the Gentleman, but I read this yesterday afternoon and this morning opened one of my favourite little outdoor books the Cicerone Guide " The Book of the The Bivvy" by Ronald Turnbull.

The foreward to the book is by Julian as well as many of the technical info given by the author from Julian.

This is but a little window in too what the man was like and tells me what a loss it is that he has passed.

My thoughts and prayers are with his Family.

James

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
I am sorry to hear he is no longer with us.

I was having an e-mail correspondence with Julian only 2 months ago, I sent him an e-mail asking for information on his bashas and he sent me 15 e-mails full of information in reply!!! Defiantly a man who new how to look after his customers.

mojofilter

Nomad
Mar 14, 2004
bonnie scotland
Very sad new indeed. I only dealt with Julian once, but it ended up with extended email conversations totally unrelated to the original deal, a really nice guy. My thoughts are with his family.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE