Robens fairbanks tents

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 22, 2015
Uk
Hi, looking for some advice on tents as pretty much a novice especially with polycotton. I currently have a vango banshee 300 (for 2 of us) but found it cramped, roasting in hot weather and poor for cooking etc in wet weather. Have been looking at the robens fairbanks tent as it seems quite big and has a hydrotex polycotton outer which I'm led to believe should be cooler in the heat? However, I am wondering if it will cope with the uk (mostly Northern Scotland) weather April to October, particularly the rain?! Any major problems for a single skinned tent? Any special care required for polycotton? Does anyone have any experience of this tent or other robens ones made from this material? Reviews a bit thin on the ground. Any suggestions where I could get a groundsheet/footprint as robens don't do them. I've seen loads of more luxurious tipi style tents and some family tents made from polycotton but this tent is about the limit of my budget but any other suggestions welcome. My thanks in advance for those brave enough to interpret that muddle of questions!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE