Ridgeline Pintail question.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I see Ridgeline are about to release a Pintail Mk2, so prices on the original are dropping.

As a glasses wearer I generally have a problem with hoods that aren't wired so I'm tempted by the new model. However, I'm not temped by its price.

Anyone give me any info on the hood of the original?

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
Hi Rich, I have the old one, and I wear glasses, and haven't noticed a problem, although I do normally wear a peaked cap under any hood if I can as it helps keep rain off the specs.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Cheers Paul. The only vid review I can find with a reviewer who wears glasses is wearing a baseball cap. I'd sooner not wander about looking like a pillock so might have to punt for the wired hood
tongue3.gif

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Its usually fairly easy to modify a hood with a bit of brass wire - maybe not worth writing off a potentially large cash saving for the sake of possibly quite simple mod?

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
Cheers Paul. The only vid review I can find with a reviewer who wears glasses is wearing a baseball cap. I'd sooner not wander about looking like a pillock so might have to punt for the wired hood
tongue3.gif

Hahaha, I think a baseball cap may be the least of your worries Rich ! :p:lmao::lmao:

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
It's all a bit of ribbing bigbear, we go back a few years now :) Besides, sounds like Rich has a half decent permission, so I need to keep on his good side ! :)

Last edited:

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
It's all a bit of ribbing bigbear, we go back a few years now :) Besides, sounds like Rich has a half decent permission, so I need to keep on his good side ! :)

Well OT, but once the Woodland X hammocks arrive, they must be tested. I'll definitely let you know. I shall be eating from one of five beautiful wooden bowls. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE