RFID resistant EDC pouch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I make lots of these with different fabrics. This one is heavyweight linen look ripstop Nylon outer, with lightweight ripstop inner. There's also aluminium foil in between the layers (which makes it a bit stiff, but I'm going to look into using Mylar). A brief test showed it effectively blocks RFID so should help prevent skimming attacks. I keep one on my car keys with a bank card, spare facemask and a pair of disposable gloves in it. Since the photos were taken, I've added a decorative lanyard to the zip tab (and trimmed off that loose thread end!). Label is a bit big (and sewn upside down as you can't see my logo/website on it) but I'm ordering some smaller ones

rfid1.jpg

rfid2.jpg

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
Real paranoiacs use multilayer multimetal shields. (I have just a simple antiRFID cover on my card). :)

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
I really like that, I have been interested in getting one of your pouches, ever since mine on the gift it thread was lost in the post.

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Looks good.
I have one of your waxed cotton ones and I use it daily
I like the feel of the waxed cotton - it's nice to sew with as it doesn't fray badly and is stiff enough not to get chewed up under the needle. Was making a half-arsed attempt to tidy my sewing area and found that bit of ripstop ready cut to size under a load of other scraps so decided to make a pouch from that. I have a vast amount of zip that I bought from Facebook and although it's a bit smaller than the Ewok pouch stuff (and possibly the one I sent you, can't remember) it's adequate for these projects, despite it being a massive pain to get the sliders on.

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I really like that, I have been interested in getting one of your pouches, ever since mine on the gift it thread was lost in the post.
I'm gutted about that. Can't really remember what it looked like (and searching back through my photos, I can't find a picture of it). Since I made it, however, I've upgraded my sewing equipment, including making a nice flat table for my industrial cylinder arm machine which really helps

Reactions: gra_farmer

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
So, are you selling these?

Interested.
The problem with selling them is having enough interest to justify the cost of becoming a maker on here. Athough I'm getting quicker, they're still quite time consuming to make so I'm never going to make a living from them. How much would you be willing to pay for one? An Ewok pouch is £9.99, for example

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
The problem with selling them is having enough interest to justify the cost of becoming a maker on here. Athough I'm getting quicker, they're still quite time consuming to make so I'm never going to make a living from them. How much would you be willing to pay for one? An Ewok pouch is £9.99, for example

I don't know what an Ewok pouch is.

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Made another one with Mylar (emergency blanket) between the lining and the outer - it's much more flexible but I was disappointed when I tried it this evening in my local petrol station as it didn't block the contactless card

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE