Reversible softies ... Windproof?

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Windproof in which direction? :lmao:

I gather the original issue were Pertex and made by Snugpak. Later issue were copied by another company with a thinner ripstop Nylon outer, basically thin light Pertex. They are certainly wind resistant but if you want windproof then go for Goretex. These are best used for static work and sleeping, not for yomping and working up a sweat in. They aren't hard wearing. I'm about to buy a pair for staying warm whilst chilling :rolleyes: around a Winter camp fire and kipping in my underquilted hammock. Watch out, they are very generous in size, you probably need a size down from what you would normally choose. Also, they are designed to be easily worn over your clothing so they loft fully (rather than being compressed by outer clothing) and can easily be removed when not needed.

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
Watch out, they are very generous in size, you probably need a size down from what you would normally choose.

I'll second that! I bought a pair of the trousers earlier in the year, and even the small was a more than a bit baggy on me. The surplus shop I got them from explained that the jackets are pretty hard to source in a small, because thats the size that will actually fit most people. Nice and warm, and for about £15 for the trousers, and around £20 for the jacket, decent value.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE