Repairing a 30 year old Canadian Canoe by melting tarpaulin into the hull. PICS

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Handmade Matt

Tenderfoot
Oct 22, 2011
Surrey
Hi guys.
I was given an old damaged canoe recently. Living close to the river Wye it's the perfect place to own one. The previous keepers realised they'd get more use out of it by letting me have it here.
It's a Coleman Ram-X 15. I checked the serial numbers on the hull and the boat is 28 years old.
She's been great in the water and I am about to write an article about a large multi day trip that I have just completed. I'll let you know when it's published.

Here's the article on my Handmade Matt blog about repairing the canoe, there's loads of pictures and great information:

http://handmadematt.blogspot.co.uk/2...e-of-life.html

I look forward to getting stuck in to this section of the Bushcraft forum as I've now got the canoe bug!

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
A mate of mine made an emergency repair to his bikes oil tank by welding bits of bacon wrapper to it. Good stuff PE. Did you use a solvent of some sort to clean the area before doing the welding?

Z

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE