Recommend me a water bottle

andyxedos

Nomad
Jul 2, 2011
newport
Right everyone
Im after a nice new water bottle and need some views as always :)
Looking for something around a litre,with a belt pouch preferably aluminium with a cup... been looking at some mil-tec items on ebay but they're plastic so any other ideas?? Dont want some titanium £100 Upto about £12 or so will be fine :)

Cheers everyone!

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Would recomend the issue waterbottle and the stainless mug that fits it. Both are bomb proof and easily accesable.

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
+1 for the '58 pattern issue bottle. Look for the name OSPREY on the bottle, there are plenty of Chinese copies which although looking the same are produced from flimsier plastic and sometimes leak.

My local surplus market stall sells used ones with a cup for a fiver! see if you can find a similar deal locally and buy two. Then you are sorted!

OOPS ! You wanted new! about £12

Last edited:

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
I've got one of these its made for ally and made for the Russian VDV it come with a canvas holder. Its bullet proof.
Hope this might help you.

698l.gif

Topknot

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
+1 for 58 pattern osprey, they are the buisness!

If you really want to go metal then a good old fashioned sigg, a 1L will no doubt fit in some pouch from mil8tary surplus (ive got a molle radio pouch that does the job), and im sure you could find a mug (although the only ones I know that would probably slot over would be snow peak titanium ones).

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Last edited:

garethw

Settler
Hi there
Have to agree, I have this set and its very good.. the Crusader cup are brilliant. I ordered mine from Ray Mears shop, still a pretty good price for the genuine issue gear.. be ware of cheap knock offs.
nato%20bottle%20&%20cup.jpg

cheers
Gareth

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE