Recomended Retailers - or not!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
How about a listing of outdoors related retailers that would allow users to give them marks out of 10 and add coments about good or bad service. It could havelegal implications, I suppose, but would allow us to support the good guys and maybe give the rest an incentive to improve.

This picks up Roving Rich's suggestion from the Traders' Post thread, but I imagine something like the feedback system on E-Bay or the kit reviews on http://www.outdoorsmagic.com/.

Ted W

T

theknight

Sounds good in theory but could back fire as the site could get a bad name if it is known for flaming people, just my thoughts. Business's would go mad.

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
I agree with TheKnight on this one, would be good.. we may even be able to get discounts for BC:UK members... but i think it might end up doing more harm than good.

This is something only Tony can really answer though :)

Cheers
Carlo

Rob

Need to contact Admin...
Just my point of view - sorry :wink:

I think that there is enough information for people on the site already - as long as you look through the threads properly.

If you are looking for something from a good seller, see if there are any recommendations on here.

If there is no info on the site about what you want - start a new thread and see what comes up. You should get more than enough info to start you on your way.

As someone who has to remain impartial in the work I do (and believe me that is bloomin' hard sometimes) I dont think that you could run a reviews page and offer discounts for members. I know that it probably wouldn't be a problem - but there are always ways and means. :cry:

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
I agree with you Rob ... I also think that it's better for the buyer to do some research and make their own minds up as to what's best to them. there's too many criteria to judge from and one person's experiences might be different to another's simply because of expectation or what they ordered.

My 2p ... no refunds!

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
We could not implement a ratings system here as we have no way for you to prove that you have 'actualy' bought goods from the company..... the scope for abuse would be huge.....

:)
Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE