recent carvings

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
hello, it's been a while since i posted anything up here, so i thought i would show you some of my recent work. Hopefully it may inspire some of you to have a bash yourselves :cool: I am always at the end of a PM if you need a hand, or come along to a North Wood meet! :)

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
Very nice. I particularly like the twisty sticks. Are these natural or have you carved that feature in too?

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Absolutely lovely carvings there. I must get up to the North wood meet in the new year.

your welcome at any of our meets :)

Absolutely outstanding...Do you sell these.?

hello mate :) just follow the link at the bottom for more info.

Very nice. I particularly like the twisty sticks. Are these natural or have you carved that feature in too?

the staff and wands are entirely carved, hard to find natural so i try and reproduce it.

That last stick is an absolute beauty!
Great work is always

Atb
Ste

thank you! :)

That's work of the highest order, very expressive indeed :)

i do enjoy making these fella's, thank you :)

Stunning work as usual Steve goodjob

thanks Steve appreciate that.

I've never knowingly seen your work before, it is awesome!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

well i don't post up much these days, thank you :)

Absolutely amazing. Where the hell would one start???

there is a method i work to, somewhere on here in the articles there is a tutorial i made a while back which takes you through the steps.

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
It looks very natural, so well done. There is a wood near me with ash and birch that is full of vines, meaning an abundance of naturally twisty sticks. I made a hiking staff for myself from a stave a few years ago.

Ferret75

Life Member
Sep 7, 2014
Derbyshire
On my fourth, maybe fifth look through your photos tonight, I noticed something other than your amazing carvings... your absolutely stunning garden Steve!

You are a man of considerable talents.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

NarzaCyst

Tenderfoot
Sep 30, 2014
Cardiff
Just read your tutorial. Where would one get the tools from? Do you happen to have a vid / plan to make a vid of creating one? :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE