Ray Mears @ Tesco!

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
LOL Jed,

I expected...

Bloomin'eck, I've just bumped into Ray in the wine isle at our local tesco! I noticed he had plumped for a cheeky Chilean Shiraz Cabernet Sauvignon, well, it goes well with a nice salami and tomato kebab donchya know.

:lmao:

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Well, if Jamie Oliver can do Sainsbury's....................

I can picture the scene, the camera pans slowly across the Tesco's carpark, filled with Ford's, Vauxhall's and Toyota's. There in the middle of the car park is a Landrover with a birch bark Canoe strapped to the roof rack!

Cut to the entrance way as Ray Mears walks in, Swanndri shirt wrapped tightly against the cutting breeze, two environmentally friendly birch bark shopping bag's clutched in his sweaty palm's, excitement etched on his face.

Next scene, the vegetable section, Ray Turns to the camera and says "sometimes, i like to come here, sit down and just listen." He is side swiped by a teenage mother and her panzer-like double buggy. He moves on to the deli counter.

"Ah" says Ray, "venison, the staple diet of the ancients, a distinctive meat that would, after being stalked, caught and butchered, would sustain a family for day's. What price quality?" An assistant overhears him " Denise, how much for the venison?" she wails across the supermarket.

Into the household goods. "if you want to avoid illness in the wild, cleanliness of your equipment and cooking utensils is paramount. Here we have turpentine, a low viscosity fluid with many uses. Remember though, it is a white spirit, so it must be chilled and drank with Fish!"

Sorry, lost myself a little then, dont know where i'm going with this. I'm not well you know, damed flu (not man flu!) and i start nights tonight.

So you recon Bear Gryhl's would be good for Asda now Sharon Osbournes left? I recon if Steve Irwin was still here, he'd be good for Wilkinsons or Poundstretcher, he could enthuse about anything and everything!

I think i'm starting to hallucinate. :rolleyes:

Apr 14, 2006
Jurassic Coast
Jedadiah said:

I can picture the scene, the camera pans slowly across the Tesco's carpark, filled with Ford's, Vauxhall's and Toyota's. There in the middle of the car park is a Landrover with a birch bark Canoe strapped to the roof rack!

Cut to the entrance way as Ray Mears walks in, Swanndri shirt wrapped tightly against the cutting breeze, two environmentally friendly birch bark shopping bag's clutched in his sweaty palm's, excitement etched on his face.

Next scene, the vegetable section, Ray Turns to the camera and says "sometimes, i like to come here, sit down and just listen." He is side swiped by a teenage mother and her panzer-like double buggy. He moves on to the deli counter.

"Ah" says Ray, "venison, the staple diet of the ancients, a distinctive meat that would, after being stalked, caught and butchered, would sustain a family for day's. What price quality?" An assistant overhears him " Denise, how much for the venison?" she wails across the supermarket.

Into the household goods. "if you want to avoid illness in the wild, cleanliness of your equipment and cooking utensils is paramount. Here we have turpentine, a low viscosity fluid with many uses. Remember though, it is a white spirit, so it must be chilled and drank with Fish!"

Sorry, lost myself a little then, dont know where i'm going with this. I'm not well you know, damed flu (not man flu!) and i start nights tonight.

So you recon Bear Gryhl's would be good for Asda now Sharon Osbournes left? I recon if Steve Irwin was still here, he'd be good for Wilkinsons or Poundstretcher, he could enthuse about anything and everything!

Been pickin' mushrooms ? :lmao:

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
Jedadiah said:

That was quite an amusing read....thanks Jedadiah :lmao:

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
twisted firestarter said:
Been pickin' mushrooms ? :lmao:

No, i'm using Lemsip Industrial Max Strength tablets, thought i'd try and go back to be, nip on the net for a few minutes and i'm still here two hours later. Damn the Information Superhighway! :27:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE