Ray Mears Smock/Cagoule

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Topcat02 said:
£230.00!!

Ray is a walking gold mine. He probably wanders around in £2000's worth of kit. Wonder if he is "sponsored" by the manufacturers?

;)

He is obviously a very astute business man,I would be VERY surprised if he wasn't sponsored to the hilt. :p

IMac

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 22, 2005
London/Surrey
I'm pretty sure that the Swazi coat is the Tussock Green.
As to sponsorship, my Swazi has a logo just above the pocket but I notice Ray's didn't so perhaps he didn't get the discount after all!

wolf man

Forager
Sep 12, 2005
Oxford
On the same sort of lines re: Rays kit. I was watching the Jungle trip on his Bushcraft DVD last night, what is the thin hooded top he's wearing. Uses it like a shirt.

Wolf Man

Leeroy

May 8, 2005
Macclesfield
as far as i am aware from a friend of a friend who works in the media! he has a few business agreements to use a certain product or 2! but on the whole the gear he uses is expensive because he selects the very best equipment in the marketplace! He is minted afterall so i bet he doesnt go shopping in his local Army & Navy Store!!!

The Colour is Tussock Green and manufactured By Swazi in New zealand. Full Gore Tex lined. The waist cord sits just below the waist when you first put it on. This is so that you hitch it up and after pulling in allows plenty of movement in the upper body without noise. The whole jacket has a moleskin outer to keep noise to a minimum. Origionally designed as a hunting jacket hence the large chest pocket for binoculars and two elastic ammo clips on the side of the pocket

lignum vitae

May 5, 2005
kernow
dunno about you Wolf Man, but the only times i've been in the jungle i,ve used cotton long sleeved shirts that cost under a tenner from burton's! Blue-grey with two chest pockets and extreemly unfashionable but that way i don't mind when it gets snagged or rots. If we had the money we'd all be logo'd up large. Or not. :confused:

Roy's Badger

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2005
Kernow
Think you've hit the nail on the head, there. It's all well and good having gucci tops with otters and squirrels all over them, but if you only go into the bush once in a blue moon (and the fact you can afford 'brands' probably suggests you have to work all hours God sends) then what's the point? As someone who spends a lot of time out, I just go for practical, functional, hardwearing and cheap kit that I won't be upset about replacing when I inevitably damage it. Try wearing this stuff in the field week in and week out instead of an occasional jaunt into the woods and see what becomes important then....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE