ray mears and karrimor sabre 75

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
hi everyone

well am of to australia this weekend via hongkong :D
couple of hotels and two whole weeks in a camper van plus some stay at friends
was packing my rucksack (ex norwegian army) and it was packed to the hilt so ive ordered a 75 from ray mears today
i was wondering if anybody else has orderd there 75 from ray mears and how long it took to arrive to them
also just to note i was looking at what your not allowed to carry in hong kong and not to my surprise i saw knifes listed but what it also states is that you carnt even transport them through just the airport even packed in hold luggage time for a repack i think:(
cheers walker

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Bummer about the sharps :(

RM's delivery is usually pretty fast, it's usually sent Special D if it's valuable

Great pack, you won't be disappointed

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
i know but it least it gives me a exuse to buy a folder in aus and post it back when ive finished
cheers for the feedback

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
To be honest, I'd not dream of packing a blade even hold luggage on a long haul flight, at worst you could be stopped from flying or at least held up and hassled (not to mention the sound of rubber slapping flesh as the guard slips on a surgical glove and says "Well, we've checked your bags so lets check you").

I envy your trip and hope you have a great time out there (I may get to Brisbane in 2013 to see my best friend of ye olde days), you have a wonderful journey ahead of you.

Can't speak of Hong Kong myself.

Friend of mine regularly visits China with ask, folding saw and a mora in his hold luggage. No problem. I think (NOT SURE) he passed HK quite a few times without any problems.

Travelled around Thailand, Malaysia and via Indonesia to Australia with Gerber multitool and a parang. No problem.

Lady at Darwin airport asked me if I had some 'natural' (e.g. wood) products to declare.
Jep says I, my parang from Malaysia has a wooden scabbard and wooden handle.
She goes: pa what?
Me: Parang; eeh big bush knife.
She: can you get it out (the parang she meant)
Me: eehmmm yeah sure (not hoping for a trigger happy guard anywhere else in sight). I opened the bag, gently took out the parang and handed it over.
She: Mmmm, looking for insect and other infectious stuff... no worries mate, you're all right, have a good day ... And she handed it back to me....
Me: Thanks..

Sorry OT from HongKong question but thought I 'd share it anyway...

Grtz Johan

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
sounds like them aussies have it sorted
thanks for the reply am not going to take any chances this time as were staying there for a couple of days on route

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE