Rare road kill.

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
On the way to work earlyish this morning I saw two .... Yes two ....dead Pine Martens, they were only about twenty feet apart in the road.

I've never seen a live one and didn't know they were even in the area, there has been some quite extensive woodland management with a lot of trees being felled in the local estate that borders the road so they may have been a breeding pair that have been forced to move.

Truth be told I've been sad about seeing them all day, beautiful creatures.

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
Sad end to a fantastic animal.:(
Personally, if i had the chance, i would have picked them up and taken them home. Done some research. Reported to whoever. then froze them for later mounting if i was good to go.

Uilleachan

Aug 14, 2013
Northwest Scotland
Young martens are on the move this time of the year. Chances are they were this years litter, shame as they're quite rare in your part of the world, but cheer up there'll be more around.

Robson Valley

On a new journey
Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Road Kill Cafe`s serve Smear of Deer and Guess The Mess (You Eat For Free). Schmoose of Moose in red wine sauce is popular.
Smuck of Duck is often really eggy in breeding season.
I got punched in the front left corner by a deer, hard enough that the insurance people nearly wrote off my `Burb.
So, I took it home. Never fired a shot, good eating = the least I could do, harvest the dead critter to offset the
bodyshop repair bill.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE