Quick tea maker that's safe for use in mpv boot?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I'm just thinking that it's nicer to make fresh tea/coffee than using a steel vacuum flask. I'm thinking that my car has a dry area when you open the boot that I could set up a stove. I'm just concerned about the combustion products. Is it safe to have say a gas stove burning away in a car boot if it's open?

Is there a car safe stove around? I'm thinking a permanent or removable stove unit, kind of like a campervan unit. Or KISS principal with an integrated stove/pot system like the eta range from primus (in remote can format).

Any suggestions?

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Although I wouldn't recommend it for safety reason I have cooked on one, not in the boot but as good as, all back seats taken out of the car whn I was living out of it for work ( I'm not paying digs money )

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Last edited:

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
For a quick brew or simply heating up something like a can of soup or rat-pack then one the aerosol can compact stoves as suggested by crossandkelly should be fine. However these stoves do have something of a bad reputation that led to the Australian office of fair trade pulling several apart for tests and subsequently banning many models from sale. Full write up and list of banned models here

PDA1

Settler
Feb 3, 2011
Framingham, MA USA
Any cartridge gas stove would be fine. Myself, I use an alcohol stove, home made. Works well and cost nothing. Just don't stick your head directly over the stove for any length of time, and make sure it is well ventilated. You could easi;y do it insode the car provided you have windows cracked open on both sides to ensure good ventilation.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
If you just want to make a cuppa in your car, why not just get a 12v travel kettle? They're not awesome but it'll do exactly what you want, use no fuel, make no mess and not complain about being stored for extended periods.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE